There's nothing like a holiday buffet table full of beautifully prepared food! I love nibbling on old favorites. I love it even more when I use a few digestion tricks and keep basic food combining rules in mind. I have a much better time when my stomach's happy!
- Drink a glass of water with a tablespoon or two of apple cider vinegar before you head to the buffet, to get your digestion up and ready to go.
- If there's fruit on the table, skip it. It's better to eat fruit alone.
- If you're eating protein or grains, combine them with non-starchy veggies -- green leafy ones or asparagus, Brussels sprouts, cucumber, tomato or zucchini. Beans go well with all types of vegetables.
- And don’t forget to add some healthy fats and oils to aid the digestion of proteins, grains, and both non-starchy and starchy (sweet potato, squash, carrots, corn, and so on) vegetables.
- Ginger or peppermint tea are digestion-enhancing beverage options.
- Chew thoroughly!
- After you've eaten, chew ten or 15 fennel seeds.
There you have it! As usual, my friends, the Divine lifestyle isn't about what you can't do -- it's about how to enjoy food and life with maximum satisfaction and minimum regrets.